The DA is investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy at the home of a former Winthrop lieutenant who is facing rape charges


Authorities are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl who was found unconscious inside the home of a former Winthrop police lieutenant. He was recently arrested for child rapeAccording to the Suffolk District Attorney’s Office.

An investigation is underway into the death of a toddler at 26 Pleasant Street in Winthrop, where former Winthrop Police Department Lt. James Feeley lived before he was indicted last month on charges including aggravated rape of a child and two counts of indecent assault and battery on an underage child. of 14, DA’s Office spokesman Kevin Hayden confirmed.

Hayden’s office said in a statement: “The preliminary investigation into the death of a 2-year-old boy in Winthrop today indicates there were no signs of foul play or physical trauma. We are awaiting an autopsy to determine the cause of death.”

The initial 911 call at around 10:20 a.m. Friday morning seemed standard. It was made out of the house on Pleasant Street.

The two ambulances on standby in Winthrop were already responding to other 911 calls made just minutes earlier. A third ambulance was delayed.

So, the Winthrop Fire Chief made the call to transport the child in his four-wheel drive department.

“They made the decision to transport this child to MGH in the back of the fire chief’s vehicle,” said Winthrop Police Chief Terrence Delehanty.

The fire chief drove up with the child and two EMTs to perform CPR. The fire chief even flagged down a state trooper to get a police escort to the general.

“The Fire Department did a heroic job today and made critical decisions under emergency conditions to provide the necessary medical treatment to this child as quickly as possible,” Chief Delehanty said.

A DCF spokesperson said they received a report Friday morning and are investigating.

Regarding the headline, former Lieutenant Winthrop accused of child rape remains behind bars.

Feeley, 56, allegedly admitted to committing crimes at a cemetery on Christmas Eve, while a criminal complaint alleged he “had unlawful sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse” with the victim and that the victim was “under 12 years of age.”

At the time of his arrest, the Department of Children and Families confirmed to Boston 25 that Feeley was a foster parent in the state and said they were working with law enforcement on the investigation.

“DCF is investigating these disturbing allegations against a foster parent. There are no foster children currently residing in foster care,” a DCF spokesperson said last month.

Feeley has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the state police investigation. Feeley is no longer a member of the Winthrop Police Department, Winthrop Police Chief Terrence M. Delehanty said around 4:00 p.m. Friday.

Delehanty told investigators he was called to Belle Isle Cemetery in Winthrop on Christmas Eve, where he met Feeley, who he said “was in really bad shape,” according to the police report.

While speaking with Delehanty, Feeley admitted to the rape and assault allegations while standing near his parents’ grave site, the report said. When Delehanty asked him why he was at the grave site, Feeley allegedly said, “What do you think?”

The report noted that Delehanty also told investigators that he believed Feeley was suicidal and was armed with a gun. Feeley was later transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

It was Philly He was promoted from sergeant to lieutenant In 2020 after holding the rank for three years. He previously served as a patrolman for six years and a reserve police officer for eight years. He is also a medic in Metro-North’s Special Operations Unit.

Feeley has been a member of the department for more than 20 years.

The state initially requested $500,000 bail, but Feeley’s attorney asked for a lower amount, stating that his client had already brought “shame and embarrassment” to his family and his administration.

Feeley is currently being held on $200,000 bail.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates when more information is available.

download The Boston 25 News app is free For breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook And Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.