A teenager accused of murder escapes on his way to the hospital in Philadelphia


A 17-year-old man being held on murder charges in Philadelphia escaped after being taken to a hospital Wednesday, sparking a search involving the U.S. Marshals Service, officials said.

Police said Shane Pryor fled around noon after being taken in a truck to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia with a hand injury.

“As the man was getting out of that vehicle, he was able to evade employees and flee that area on foot,” Philadelphia Deputy Police Commissioner Frank Fanor told reporters.

He has been in custody since he was 15 years old on a murder charge in 2020. Pryor is still awaiting trial, Fanor said.

Police said Pryor is about 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs 180 pounds and was wearing a blue tracksuit.

Officers searched nearby buildings and parking lots while searching for Pryor, and video showed him entering and exiting nearby buildings, Fanor said. Pryor may also have taken off his sweatshirt, he said.

On Wednesday, police also checked the areas where his relatives live. They asked for the public’s help in finding the teen.

The U.S. Marshals Service said they were looking for Pryor and that he may have been driving a stolen Ford F-150 pickup with Pennsylvania plates ZTS-0503. People are urged not to approach him and to call 911 if they see him.

Pryor’s mother He told NBC Philadelphia She hopes her son will turn himself in. Pryor’s attorney, Paul DeMaio, said the teen has maintained he is innocent and that a judge recently denied his request to be tried as a juvenile.

“I just think the kid is scared. The judge’s refusal to believe may have been the reason he ran away because he always maintained his innocence,” DiMaio told NBC Philadelphia.

Fanor did not reveal further details about the murder at a press conference on Wednesday.

Pryor is accused of fatally shooting a woman in the head in an alley, NBC Philadelphia reported, citing court documents.

When Pryor left the truck, he was not shackled, Vanor said. He didn’t know if the teen got out of them or if they never did. Fanor said the incident is under investigation.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.